Five risks of joining Science Sets Sail
Seasickness, being made to climb the mast or swim in deep water, unread emails, meetings missed .. we considered some of the real risks of joining Science Sets Sail. The results might surprise you!
1. Even the most senior professors and university officers need to take their turn with cleaning duty
2. While on watch duty, you can lose track of time and keep discussing science projects well into the night
3. When the luggage of 13 of your crew-mates doesn’t arrive at the port before the ship must depart, you learn the true meaning of problem solving, collaboration, and innovation (don’t worry – everyone shared whatever was needed!)
4. They make you eat ‘al fresco’ with lots of interesting people in far-flung ports
5. You will probably get sea sick (for the first day or so), but don’t worry we’ll have you climbing the rigging before you are done (with full safety equipment, naturally).